Thursday, April 26, 2007

Because "Outroduction" is Not a Word:

Hello everyone.

Welcome to the beginning. It is my hope and vision that this can grow into a community of discourse. The word "blog" can be so simple and contrite, but I believe the anonymity can bring power to our words. My goal is to take it more seriously than the blogs I throw up on myspace so that this can become an arena for change and growth and a place to share thoughts and words and good music and books and stories, things that inspire us.

The idea behind it is this: Tehillim and Ketuvim are both Hebrew words, Tehillim meaning "praise" and Ketuvim being the word for "Book of Writings," which (to my knowledge) is in reference to works of the psalmists and seekers of the Old Testament poems and proverbs [Psalms --> Ecclesiastes, all of which are great books worth your investment]. Writing in these cases is a mechanism with which man gave praise to God, and the beautiful part is that a great many of the psalms were born of a broken heart, and Ecclesiastes is in large part cynical pessimism. At the same time, many more psalms bring new perspectives on hope, and the proverbs guide our steps.

In some way, I'd like for this project to reflect that.

What I/you/we write here will reflect our journeys both in the ways they are separate and in the ways they converge. I implore you to join. You don't need an account, only words to type. Nothing I say is written as an authority, but I hope that as peers we can all contribute.

Thank you in advance.

- tehillim.

No comments: