Tuesday, June 3, 2008

o what a world

o what a world
hatred so oft pursued
someone, tell me this is wrong
someone say this isn't home

but words are weak to mend our fragile hearts
you say you know,
but what hath knowledge brought
all too soon forgot?
have you sought all you can't see,
to lose your soul to gain your dreams?

last night i could not sleep,
so lost and alone as the God-forsaken
arrows fell upon the stones
i saw him standing without regret;
i asked him how often he'd
ask my heart of me;
he said "no more than three."

the wind carried
words of grace, words of faith
they say i have to move, tell me i have to choose.
"but friend, do you feel like peace has taken you home?
the consequences will follow you tonight."
still, the beating of my heart is the bravest thing i know of hope.

No comments: